Dienstag, 17. November 2009

Chocolate Coat - Part III

Und in Mini-Schritten geht es weiter mit meinem Mantel: Der Kragen ist dran und hier ist schon Mal ein erster Eindruck, wie der Mantel mal aussehen wird.

And i'm still making little progress on my coat: I've added the collar and now you get an impression how the finished coat will look like.


In Wirklichkeit sieht der Mantel vieeel schöner aus. Das Foto ist mit Blitz aufgenommen und nachträglich aufgehellt. Der Stoff hat einen richtig tollen, satten Farbton und eine wunderschöne Textur *schwärm*

The coat looks soooo much better in real. The picture is taken with a flash und i've also used an image processing program to set up the brightness. The color of the fabric is warm and the texture of the fabric is so beautiful *sigh*

Als Ausgangsbasis habe ich den Schnitt Vogue 8307 verwendet mit folgenden Änderungen:
  • Ich habe den Kragen selber konstruiert,
  • Gürtel und Gürtelschlaufen hinzugefügt und
  • Patten (diese Schulterklappen ... yoke ..... verflixt, wie heißen die noch einmal im Deutschen?!) vorne und hinten hinzugefügt.
Der Schnitt passt unglaublich gut. Ich habe nichts, aber auch wirklich gar nichts an der Passform des Schnittes geändert. Ich bin begeistert. Die hohen Preise der Vogue Schnitte sind - zumindet in diesem Fall - jeden Pfenning wert. Bleibt "nur" noch das Nähen des Futters und verheiraten von Futter und Mantel.

I've used Vogue 8307 as the starting point and made the following changes:
  • I've drafted the collar on my own,
  • added a belt and belt loops and
  • constructed front and back yoke.
The fitting of this pattern is awesome, right out of the envelope. I didn't change anything, really. I'm so enthusiastic. The price of a Vogue pattern seems to be worth every Penny - at least in this case. Now i "only" need to sew the lining and attach the lining to the coat.

2 Kommentare:

Gretchen the Household Deity hat gesagt…

You're getting there! Coats take a long time to sew, but I wear mine longer and more often than anything else I make so I have to keep reminding myself of that!

senaSews hat gesagt…

I really love sewing jackets and coats - i think they're my favorites. So i'm enjoying the process ... but as it's getting colder outside i'm hoping to reach the goal soon!