Montag, 7. Dezember 2009

Boys in the Hood - Part II

So, fertig ist der erste Sweater für meinen Liebsten. Ich habe einen Kapuzenpulli aus braunem Sweatshirtstoff genäht. Und damit es nicht langweilig wird, habe ich den Pulli vorne mit Belegen im Uniform-Stil aufgepeppt .... "Mönchsuniform" hat mein Liebster es genannt ..... aber seht selbst:

I'm done with the first (of two) sweaters for my DH. I've made a hoodie in a brown sweatshirt fleece. And to make it more fashionable i've added front yokes like on military jackets ..... my DH called it "monch uniform" .... but see for yourself:




Bei der Verarbeitung habe ich dieses Mal neue Wege beschritten. Ich habe die Nähte ganz normal rechts auf rechts festgesteckt und mit Geradstich genäht. Dann habe ich die Nahtzugaben auseinandergebügelt und mit der Zwillingsnadel abgesteppt, so dass die Naht genau mittig zu der Zwillingsnaht verläuft. Die Nahtzugaben habe ich abschließend zurückgeschnitten. Ich finde das sieht von der Verarbeitung sehr ordentlich und auch von innen sauber gearbeitet aus.

For the finishing, i've used something new. I sewed the seams as usual (right side on right side with a normal, straight stitch). Then i've ironed the seam allowances aside and topstitched the seams with a twin needle sucht that the seams are right in the middle of the twin needle. Then i've cut back the seam allowances. IMO it looks really nice from outside as well as from the inside.



Kommentare:

Nancy K hat gesagt…

Really nice and chic, especially for a sweatshirt! What a great idea.

The Slapdash Sewist hat gesagt…

Cool idea for the seam allowances! I like the interesting change to the basic sweatshirt.

Christina hat gesagt…

I like how you finished the front in a "military" fashion, and that's a great idea for finishing the seam allowances without a serger.

senaSews hat gesagt…

Thank you! Neccessity is the mother of invention :-) I don't have a serger so i was searching for a new way to finish my seams porperly!