Freitag, 25. Juli 2008

Anda Sewalong Minichallenge


English








Hier ist also meine Version des Anda Schnittmusters von Burdastyle. Das ursprüngliche Schnittmuster war ja eher sackartig. Also habe ich den Bereich in der Taile mit der Hand gesmokt um somit mehr Silhouette hinein zu bringen. Der Stoff stammt aus meinem reichen Fundus und ist ein dunkelgrauer Tricotstoff (nennt man das Lycra? Ist gewebt wie Jersey nur aus Poly...).

Änderungen:

Damit das Kleid durch das Smoken nicht zu Enge in der Taille sitzt, habe ich dem Ganzen mehr Weite hinzugegeben. Das Oberteil habe ich in Größe 38 ausgeschnitten und ab dem Armausschnitt habe ich Größe 50 zugeschnitten.



Danach habe ich die Teile an einer Seite zusammengenäht.




Nun habe ich in dem Bereich der Taille ein Raster mit Quadraten der Größe 1,5cm x 1,5cm aufgezeichnet.



Nun muss man mit der Nadel durch die Eckpunkte des Rasters nähen (siehe Bild unten).



Danach zieht man an einer Ende des Fadens, bis der gesamte Stoff in Falten liegt (siehe Bild unten).



Nun beginnt der mühselige Teil der Arbeit. In einer waagrechten Reihe müssen immer benachbarte Falten zusammengenäht werden. In der darüber oder darunter liegenden Reihe müssen ebenfalls immer benachbarte Falten zusammengenäht werden, jedoch immer um eine Falte versetzt. Dadurch entsteht dann der Rauten-Effekt.
Danach müssen die verbleibende Nähte nur noch geschlossen und die restlichen Teile gesäumt werden. Fertig!




So here is my version of the Anda pattern from Burdastyle. The original pattern wasn't very flattering and kind of baggy. So i made a smoked waist area to get more silhouette. I used a dark grey spandex from my stash.

Changes I made:
I traced the pattern in the upper part in a size 38 and in the lower part in a size 50.



After that i've sewn together the two pieces at one side.



Afterwards i marked a grid with a grid size of 1,5cm x 1,5cm at the waist area.



Then you stitch with the needle trough the corners of the grid as shown in the pic below.



Then you ruffle the fabric by pulling the thread at one side (see pic below).



Now the hard part begins. In one row the neighboring pleats must be sewn together. In the row beyond or below, neighboring pleats must be sewn together too, but shifted by one pleat. This leads to the diamond shaped smocking!
After this the side seam and the arm seams just need to be closed and the seams need to be sewned and ready is your smoked Anda!

Kommentare:

Umfragen-Info hat gesagt…

This must to be a lot of work. Amazing, gorgeous and creative! Go on with that!

Kristy hat gesagt…

Hi, I've just come over from Burda Style after seeing your amazing Anda dress - it looks like so much work but totally worth it because the dress is fab. I've read you can do smocking with a sewing machine by using elastic thread in the bobbin and sewing with a long stitch, but I don't know if it would look as great as yours does

senaSews hat gesagt…

Hi Kristy!

I know two methods to smock with the sewing machine.

You can put the elastic thread in the bobbin and just sew along.

The other method is to put the elastic thread on the left side of your fabric and then sew over the elastic thread with a small zig zag stitch.

But the outcome is different from mine....the fabric is "just" shirred.

Katrin hat gesagt…

Whow, das gefällt mir richtig, richtig gut.
Viele Grüße,
Katrin